Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Visit to Goldfield Ghost Town

On Sunday we drove 6 miles east of our house to the Goldfield Mining Ghost Town with my Mom, Elsa, and Joseph. We had a nice afternoon wandering around the town and peeking in the museums and gift shops. The desert surroundings and view of the Superstition Mountains were beautiful! We took the Mining Tour where we went underground and our tour guide explained how they mined during the town's gold-boom. Ryeland was a little frightened - his heart raced the whole time down in the dark listening to our eccentric guide - but I think it was good education for him. We ended the afternoon with lunch in the saloon (which was overpriced - but, I guess all tourist-traps are) but it was nice to spend time with the family.

P.S. When we were leaving the restaurant - Elsa was asked out by one of the busboys! We were all impressed with his confidence and manners! Elsa is 16 and this was her first experience being 'asked out'. I think I was blushing more than her! She is my beautiful baby sister - almost all grown up! :)




No comments: