Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend in Carlsbad, CA

We just got back from a GREAT weekend. We had a mini-getaway in Carlsbad California. We rented a little 'Beach Shack' only steps from the beach and spent hours and hours on the beach, ate out, walked around the touristy beautiful beach town, and enjoyed family time! This was our very first family trip - JUST US... me, boyd, ryeland, brody.

Things I want to remember about this trip...

Ryeland being obsessed with finding dandelions and spastically blowing the puffs

Boyd and I carrying our cameras everywhere and documenting the little things. Boyd with his Cannon DSLR Video Camera, me with my Nikon DSLR

Ryeland talking to himself and playing make believe on the beach

Enjoying the perfect cloudy/misty weather... the temperature was right at 70 degrees... a few times I even got a little chilly on the beach. It was so nice to get out of the inferno of AZ

Constantly telling Ryeland to get on the sidewalk, or to hold our hands

Brody being very calm and cuddly on the road trip

Being moved to tears as I watched Boyd playing with Ryeland in the ocean. They 'jumped the waves' for hours... Ryeland would giggle with delight as Boyd swung him over the big waves. They would analyze the waves that were coming like, "This is a 'little guy'... or this is a 'big guy', get READY!"

I am so blessed, Boyd is a great husband and father. Ryeland is the best son I could ever ask for... I'm so glad God had this plan for me, even if I could never have imagined it. I am SO thankful everyday!







1 comment:

Kelsey and Tyler said...

love the filter you used on the photos - feel like beachy 60's shots :) Glad you had a good time!