Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Random Week in January

January 7th
Received the Roku Box and wireless internet adapter in the mail and got everything set up myself. We all LOVE the Roku Box (it's through Netflix) Now we can watch tons of movies or TV shows streaming from the web - directly to our TV for FREE! Which is great - because we don't pay for cable! This is soooo cool!

January 8th
We weren't very 'good parents' this night. Boyd is very busy with his school work for getting into the nursing program; and he really struggles with his math class. I sit next to him and watch/help with almost every problem. We set Ryeland up with his DSI and he played video games all night. (he loved it - but this is not normal for us and I felt horrible) After we put him to bed, we stayed up until about 11:30 continuing to work on math problems. We will probably have many more nights like this before Boyd is finished - but it is necessary for the secure future for our family.

January 9th
Boyd had to work today - so Ryeland and I spent the day together. We got the car washed and had the oil changed and we also visited Grandma Gwen for a little bit! We also played his Goodnight Moon matching game. It was a nice Saturday!

January 10th
Today was Sunday, and Boyd took a day-off from Math. We all slept in and then he took us to breakfast at Village Inn. (Ryeland got Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Boyd and I had the same thing: Huevos Rancheros - yum). Later I got to scrapbook for a little bit ( 5 layouts completed), While Boyd spent some much needed Daddy/Ryeland time with Ryeland at Chuckee Cheeses. After we dropped Ryeland off that night; Boyd and I went out for Dinner at Mi Amigos and then walked around/shopped at Ross before heading home.

January 11th
For dinner, I made veggie/bean enchiladas with green sauce and Boyd really liked it. It made plenty for leftovers for lunches the rest of the week. We finished the night with a few hours of MATH.

January 12th
Today Boyd's youngest sister, Des, got married to Dallin Brewer. They had a small simple wedding w/ just a few family members in attendance. They both are 21, both have a child from a previous relationship, and both desperately want to move out of small town Show Low (to Phoenix). I haven't met him - but he looks nice from the photos I've seen. I like the idea that they both get to start their life together on a clean slate. I wish them the very best. (Boyd and I get to meet him when we meet them for dinner on Thursday night)

January 13th
After work, I watched a little American Idol on TV while Boyd had to stay late at work. After he got home we reviewed his Math for a short while, and then snuggled into bed while a lightening/thunder storm raged outside. I love storms in Arizona!

January 14th
Well, it didn't quite work out that we were able to meet up with Des and Dallin, hopefully we will be able to meet him soon. Maybe when we go to Show Low to visit next month... We still had planned on going out for dinner, so we went to our neighborhood Chili's and had the triple dipper dinner for $20! Ryeland only wanted to help eat the dessert. Man, he sure loves sweets!!!

No comments: