
Our 4 Day weekend was so relaxing. We aren't going anywhere this year for the holidays and that is so nice! Boyd's family is coming to our house for Christmas and we stayed around the house for Thanksgiving but had dinner at my Grandma Gert's house on Thanksgiving. This year we tried something new - we each had to bring 2 items that we have never made before. Everything turned out great! I brought buffalo ranch chicken dip as an appetizer and for a side, fresh corn and wild rice. YuM>
Some other highlights of the weekend:
My old childhood friend - Kirsten Case happened to be in town with her fiancé so we met up at Rainforest Cafe on Wednesday night for Dinner. We hadn't seen each other in 9 YEARS! I moved away from Butte Montana, where we were best friends, when I was 14; but then we saw each other again in New Orleans when we were about 15 or 16. I was nervous at first, but after we started talking it became easy. We have grown up and apart so much, but yet, we are actually still quite the same and in the 'same place' in our lives right now too! She is a step-mom as well, so we really connected about that. I guess it doesn't matter how old you are - when you become close with someone - maybe you will always be kindred spirits! :)

On Saturday Afternoon, to get into the "Christmas Spirit" - We went to see Ballet Etudes the Nutcracker! Yes, that's right, we took a 4 year old to The Ballet. It was great! (Ryeland sat in awe during the first half - but he had a hard time coming back for more after the intermission - I don't blame him - the first half is much more entertaining then the end) We had a great time with my family and the weather was chilly, overcast and rainy helped set the mood...
:)



1 comment:
I love the idea that you all brought dishes you'd never made before. I might have to steal it!
Post a Comment