Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend with Tania!

Tania came to visit with her doggy Zoey for a nice 3-day Labor Day Weekend this year!

Friday: She drove in and we just visited on the couch and caught up and let the doggies play while we waited for Boyd to get home from work. I made us dinner and then we cleaned up a little and waited for our guests to arrive! We invited over friends: Jessica, Brian, Chris, John, Mandy, Justin, Mike and Melissa. We all had a GREAT time - we stayed up past 2am drinking and playing games - it was a blast!

Saturday: I made us a nice breakfast and the weather was perfect outside (just a little overcast - which cooled things down) so we went outside and played in the street and let the dogs run around. We also went to the park with the dogs and Ryeland & Boyd flew kites. Saturday also happened to be Grandpa's 75th Birthday - so we met the rest of the family at Organ Stop Pizza (it was our first time) Ryeland was mesmerized! it was so much fun to hear the music and see all of the fun moving parts! That night Grandma Gwen watched Ryeland overnight and Boyd was the girls' chauffeur and we had a wine night ( just girls) at Kazmierez! It was so much fun to get dressed up and get out of the house and enjoy some good food and wine!





Sunday: We slept in/ relaxed and had breakfast. We took Ryeland back to Jenna's and then took the dogs to Cosmo Dog Park! Brody loved it like always, and Zoey surprised Tania by jumping off the dock into the lake! We then took Tania to Joe's Farm Grill and enjoyed some good food outdoors. We came back to the house and the dogs zonked out and we watched a bootlegged copy of Hangover because Tania hadn't got a chance to see it in the theaters yet. Finally, Tania had to get on the road so we said our goodbyes!
That night Boyd and I went over to John and Mandy's for a quiet night with just a few friends and to see Justin a little more (he was in town from Portland).

Monday for Labor Day: We slept in again, I cleaned a little bit - and then Ron (our neighbor) had us over for barbecue. We played games and had a delicious dinner! :)

What a great 3 - Day Weekend! Boyd and I are both a little tired - but it's back to work!!!

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I am glad to have found your blog. I can't even recall the last time I saw you, it's amazing to see what kind of a woman you've become. I think we have lots in common!