Well, I can now cross something off my 'list'. I really can't describe w/ words the experience I had by being Jessica's birth partner when she had her baby girl. She did such a good job - I was so PROUD of her...she was so strong. I wondered if I will be that strong? Jessica had a typical LONG labor because it was her first child. I was with her from the beginning to the end. 4pm until 9:00am (when she gave birth). Her birth plan was to do everything naturally, and she did such a good job. I helped her through the night with her contractions by holding her hand, massaging her back, helping her move, she also bounced on the yoga ball, layed on her side in the bed, and sat in a warm shower to make the time go by faster. She was dilating so slowly, that finally at 6am (After 14 hours of labor) her doctor said she wanted to put her on potosin to speed up the process; but Jessica was so exhausted that she decided it was time for an epidural. After the epidural, she slept for a few hours and then it was time to push at 8:30am. She gave birth to healthy baby girl shortly there after. I was physically exhausted and emotionally drained, but I am so thankful to have shared this with her. One of the greatest experiences of my life.
Avery Tyler Martinez
8-24-2010 @ 9:03am
6lb3




No comments:
Post a Comment