This past weekend we drove up North to visit Boyd's family and to hopefully see some snow! When we arrived - there was snow on the ground and Ryeland bundled up right away and played in it for a few hours... He was having so much fun just walking around in it, and eating it!

We had a nice time visiting with his family, meeting Des's new husband and step son, eating some good food and staying cozy indoors. I helped Boyd's mom with a lot of the cooking and we made 2 homemade apple pies. She had recently purchased a new apple slicer/corer and we were the first to try it out! It was neat - now Boyd wants to get one for me because he thinks pies will magically start to appear! :)Well, that was the good part of our trip - the bad, was that around noon on Saturday Ryeland starting getting sick - FAST. He was burning up and soooo lethargic. I have been his 'other mom' since he was 1 1/2 and he has never been this sick. I was up with him every three hours giving motrin, and tylenol and a cold rag to try to break his fever. I felt so bad for him...
In the middle of the night I was giving him more medicine and water and had a panicked look on his face and said that his mouth hurt, I picked him up to shush him because he starting crying loudly, and then he threw-up all down the side of my arm and luckily half into the sink...
At that moment, I wasn't grossed out at all - I felt so much more his 'mommy' then ever before.
Sunday Morning we got on the road right away because it started heavily snowing and Ryeland's fever still hadn't broke - It took us a long time to make our way down the snowy mountain - but we finally made it home.
Later that night, his mom, Jenna, took him to the hospital, and we met her there - because he still had almost a 104 temp and the doctor said he had a really bad double ear infection. He now has antibiotics and should be feeling better soon. I'm so glad it wasn't anything worse, like the swine flu. When Boyd was tucking him into her car after the ER, i looked through the front window and waved to him and gave him a blow-kiss and he gave me a little smile.



1 comment:
Poor little guy
Post a Comment