To celebrate my Mom's 50th I hosted a dinner party at our house for the family. Everything went well. It was so much work - I dedicated my entire day to it, but I couldn't have done it without Boyd's help. It was the least I could do to give my mom something special on such a momentous birthday! I love my Mommy so much! We served cheese and crackers, salad, baked rigatoni, Italian meatballs, garlic bread, green beans, and lemon cake for dessert!
I had borrowed photos from my Grandma and scanned them and Boyd helped me hang them all over the window behind the table. The family loved looking at all of the pictures of my mom through the years. It was definitely a focal point of the party, and a 'conversation starter'!
My mom loves fall colors, so it works out perfectly that her birthday is in November and right before Thanksgiving, It was fun and easy to decorate!

Table setting for 12!
Ryeland waiting for our guests to arrive! He loved all of the balloons everywhere! ( I wanted to keep it classy, so I chose gold, instead of the gaudy black balloons that are sometimes at 50 Parties)
These are very special flowers, because Ryeland told his Mamma Jenna about Grandma Gwen's Birthday, and she bought these with him to give to my mom. He was so proud, and my mom was so touched.


1 comment:
Happy birthday Gwen! I can't believe she's 50, she hasn't aged since I've known her.
Beautiful party. I am sure she was touched that you did this for her.
Post a Comment