Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Weekend with my Dad

This past Weekend my Dad came to visit. He flew in Friday night and left this morning (Monday). It was our weekend with Ryeland as well, so I was glad that they got to know each a little bit better. We fit a lot into our 3 day weekend:
  • We played Candyland
  • Watched three movies (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, The Proposal, and The Invention of Lying)
  • Ryeland and I made Halloween cookies (and Boyd, Dad and the neighbors enjoyed eating them)
  • Watched football (and had snacks and beer)
  • Ate a lot of good food ( I cooked mostly, except for last night we went out for Italian, my Dad's favorite)
  • Went to the zoo, (it was HOT - 100 degrees in the middle of October!)
  • Drove through Superior and up through Globe/Miami (stopped to antique shop and had a picnic)
  • Went out for Frozen Yogurt
  • Dad met all of our neighbor friends (we played/talked in the street with all of the kids)
  • Planned for our visit this summer to Nebraska and drive to Montana with Dad.





No comments: