Copied this from Ali Edward's Blog, as well as Cathy Z's Blog.
Thought I would try it out!
TODAY
June 24th, 2009
Outside my window... the sun is out, barely any clouds, the temperature is 96 degrees but the forecast calls for a high of 106 today. Monsoon storms later this week..fun!
I am thinking... How awesome it is that i have kept up with this 'blog' thing... someday I will get it printed out. It will be my family journal since i don't keep one. I do scrapbook, but sometimes I don't get around to scrapbooking each and every event.
I am thankful for... my amazing husband, we have grown so much together and we have a very happy marriage. our home. My favorite little guy Ryeland. My adorable doggy Brody. My job. Good health. Coffee in the morning. Warm weather. My comfortable bed.
From the kitchen... through the windows of our half-way remodeled kitchen i see a lot of for sale/ for rent signs. The recession and bad housing market can be seen almost everywhere in the Phoenix valley.
I am wearing... grey skinny jeans (rolled up). gold metallic flip flops, a flowy paisly tank-top.My Rasta bracelet I got in Jamaica. I'm thankful that I can wear whatever i want to work!!!
I am creating... Many things - always creating. Work - advertising banners, product images, videos. At Home - thank you card for mom, thank you card for Robert ...
I am going... to the movies tonight (The New Transformers) with Jessica. She is going through a rough time, and I really need to talk with her and be there for her.
I am reading... The Secret. Love it. This is how Boyd and I try to live our life, make our marriage work, and attain our goals.
I am hoping...that Boyd and I can go on vacation next year after our tax return comes. Europe hopefully...but i would 'settle' for Burmuda, Canada, Hawaii, Buenos Aires... we will see. :)
I am hearing... people's opinions about the healthcare reform and Barack Obama. I really need to research it more, so that i can have an educated idea/opinion about it.
Around the house... remodeling/redecorating! new dishwasher just installed. Ryeland's room is completely finished. there is painted swatches all over the living room - that is where we are painting next. The new granite countertops (that we are spending A LOT on, are scheduled to be installed on November 1st (just in time for the holidays!)
One of my favorite things... nightime/bedtime. I love our 'wind down' time at night. Lit candles, a glass of wine or hot tea, showering, putting lotion on, visiting, watching television or netflix with boyd and cuddling.
A few plans for the rest of the week... preparing for my photoshoot with a noted valley photographer. I'm eating a lot of fruit and vegetables, drinking a lot of water and working out so that i can look my absolute best on Saturday.


No comments:
Post a Comment