Monday, May 18, 2009

SO proud of my mommy

Wow - she did it!!!
My mom graduated with her Masters Degree in Literacy and Education from the Mary Lou Fulton College of Education - Arizona State University on May 15th, 2009. This is such a huge accomplishment and I'm SO proud of her - I looked up the statistics and only about 9% of Americans over the age of 25 receive their Masters, and of that only 2% receive their Doctorates (like MD, or DDS etc) and of that only 1% receive their PHD or Doctorates in Education/Research ((which we think she will eventually go on to achieve!))

To Celebrate and Honor my Mom - Boyd and I hosted a nice brunch at our house before graduation and presented mom with new suitcases!! (she really needed new ones - especially with our celebration trip to Jamaica coming up - she needs to travel in style!!!) Graduation was nice, and afterward we continued the celebrating and we all went out to dinner together.

So my mom is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that she has finally graduated, and teaching for her ends next week. She will finish up report cards and cleaning, and then before we know it, we will all be relaxing on the warm white sandy beaches of Jamaica to celebrate this huge achievement and be together as a family! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


**we leave in 15 days**

No comments: